CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Raffa
Level 4: Private Eye

Bonus Data

Answered

Some of my friends who are Telstra customers have recieved emails stating that they have recieved a bonus data credit. It seems that their monthly data allowance has almost doubled. 

Is this for real or just a scam?  I have not recieved such an email, so I was curious.

Cheers, 

Raffa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Bonus Data

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/26/more-value-for-you-with-our-free-fixed-broadband-data-top-...

All fixed broadband customers will get the bonus. Unfortunately it's taking them longer than expected so you should get the upgrade and notification in the next few months.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
bgodsall
Level 6: Bloodhound

It's legitimate.

Most of the people receiving the bonus data are on old plans. Current plans/bundles (the ones on sale NOW) won't get the bonus for a while yet.
Accepted Solution

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/26/more-value-for-you-with-our-free-fixed-broadband-data-top-...

All fixed broadband customers will get the bonus. Unfortunately it's taking them longer than expected so you should get the upgrade and notification in the next few months.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Raffa
Level 4: Private Eye

Thank you for clearing this up.

Raffa

Picard
Level 1: Cadet

But what a joke. I do not use any more than 13Gb per month while on a 200Gb bundle. Now they offer me 500Gb with rubbish slow speeds!! Speed tests show at best over the years 1.99 Mbps. I'd rather they reduced their excessive costs. The only thing keeping me with them is their mobile network coverage.Cat Mad

nsimao

hey guys,

I most likely just need to call up and check, but thought I would post for the first time on here. I've been a Telstra customer for ages, and back in March got the email about recieving the bonus data, but at the same time had to drop my plan down from 200GB to 50GB whilst I was overseas and only wanted to pay the least amount.

My question is around now that we are back and would like to increase the plan back to 200GB, will we still be eligible for the bonus data? 

Cheers,

Nelson

Lou22

Hi I have been waiting since Easter. I have been an Adsl customer for years. It's nearly the end of June. Still no double data. Anyone know how I can get this moving or has telstra now stopped this?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lou, the free fixed home broadband bonus data is a free initiative, we will automatically apply this to all eligible accounts but of course as there are so many it's going to take some time. When your service is upgraded doesn't have any connection at all to how long you've been with us etc etc, it just happens when it happens Smiley Wink Thanks for your patience 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TaylaJade

What criteria do customers need to meet in order to be eligible for this bonus? Have not recieved an email for anything yet either Smiley Happy
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a long, gradual roll our to update all our customers' data, but hang tight! Roll outs are still happening through July Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rabel111
Level 3: Gumshoe

Waiting waiting waiting.

Was hoping that we might be on the list for rollout before school hols hit. No luck there.

Our monthly anniversary is very close to the end of the month.

How do we know whether or not we are included in this rollout?

We got an email suggesting that was the case, but all support /help statements since then seem to be concentrating on saying nothing, promising nothing and suggesting we just wait...................

Hello.... anyone there........

Level 24: Supreme Being

Rabel, pretty much all bundle customers on all older plans (prior to the ones released this week) then they are adding them, however with over 2 million connections to alter it does understandably take time. The last Telstra Exchange update on the updates said they will have all eligible services updated by the end of July... so we are talking about the end of this month... If they have neither updated your service nor updated us on any delays by the end of July, that is when you should be getting antsy...

If you are on a NBN, Velocity, HFC Cable or ADSL plan, you should have it by the end of the month. Pretty much as simple as that...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

rabel111

Thanks Doc.

Just getting antsy early. 

Appreciate your calmimng influence.

Til Aug 1.

rabel

rabel111

TELSTRA SAYS NO

After being a loyal customer for 13 years it seems Telstra is rewarding some loyal customers but not others.

Now some of our fiends are getting much the same deal at the same price but with twice the data download as us and others not in the lucky crew.

Thank Telstra. Way to show how much you appreciate loyalty!

NOT

@rabel111

Has your existing plan benefited from the data upgrades? If not, it should by the end of this month.

Also if there is a current plan available that you wish to change to, then customer service should be able to help you out with that. If you are still in contract there may be a small fee involved though.

rabel111

Thanks Kalak,

Called Billing to enquire as to whether our account qualified for the bonus data, as we were wanting to download a very large games for the kids (50gb+). We were informed it was not eligable.

Given the advice previously received this was a bit of a shock. Subsequent to that advice and our previous post our account was updated as promised.

Apart from the conflicting advice, we are again very happy with the value of our Telstra bundle and service.

TELSTRA DELIVERS AS PROMICED - GREAT VALUE.

Thanks again,

rabel111

If you are on one of the older plans then you should be eligible even if the billing team are unaware of it.

If you are on one of the new plans then they are to the best of my knowledge not eligible.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now