CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Bring your own modem option on sign-up

Answered

I already have a Telstra modem, I’d like to sign on a casual nbn plan, but can’t see where ‘l have my own modem’ is an option at online sign up  Hence a $216 fee unnecessarily, which defeats the purpose of the current no join up & 1st month free promo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Bring your own modem option on sign-up

The mldem is paid of at the rate $9.00 per month. The $9.00 is inc,uded in the normal monthly fee so if you stay con ected for 24 months the modem is free

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The mldem is paid of at the rate $9.00 per month. The $9.00 is inc,uded in the normal monthly fee so if you stay con ected for 24 months the modem is free

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

I already gave a modem, so don’t want to be paying anything per month for another one, included or not.  A casual plan means there is NO contract.  Not get a ‘free’ modem if you stay for 24 months...

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Yeah that's how they get ya...

But you are right there is no option for it at all which kinda sucks. But i would assume having a modem already you should be able to move to the plan you want without having to get a modem. You may need to contact instead of doing it online to do it. Jump on live chat and explain to them that you don't need a modem and want to be moved over to the casual plan that you want.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit