Highlighted
derekhymas
Level 2: Rookie

Broadband Outage 3931

Answered
My broadband service has been unavailable since around lunchtime on Tue, 19th Aug. My ISP says it is a Telstra fault but, apart from an NBN related outage ongoing since 15/8, I cannot find anything in Telstra's outages notifications. I have also been told my service is non-NBN. Can anyone tell me what the outage is and what is the expected time-to-fix? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
derekhymas
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband Outage 3931

Thanks, Kalak. It's quite possible it only affects the village as it is on the edge of a developed area and new lines would have had to be laid when it was built.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

If your ADSL service is with another provider, then unless it's a wide-spread outage it's unlikely to appear on the Telstra service status pages.

My suggestion is to contact your service provider and get an update on the fault.

Are you on Naked-DSL? Is it a Telstra wholesale based service?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
derekhymas

I live in a retirement village which is in effect the ISP. They buy from a business-only ISP whose name I cannot recall. In any event I am not that ISP's customer so cannot refer directly to them. My "ISP" - the village - tell me it is a Telstra problem which Telstra techos hope to resolve soon. The only outage I can see on Telstra's outage pages for postcode 3931 relates to an NBN issue and I am assured we are not connected to the NBN. I was hoping to determine whether there is an underlying fault that Telstra is resolving or if it is simply finger pointing by the village.

So, apart from the NBN issue is Telstra working on any other faults affecting 3931?
Level 23: Superhero

By a "Telstra issue" they might mean it's a problem with the line or the port it's on, which I guess is an issue that only Telstra can repair.

If there is nothing showing for your postcode, it means it's not likely to be a widespread outage, but one that may impact only a few customers, or simply a fault that has developed on the line leading to your village.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
derekhymas
Accepted Solution

Thanks, Kalak. It's quite possible it only affects the village as it is on the edge of a developed area and new lines would have had to be laid when it was built.
derekhymas

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now