Highlighted
commscanuck
Level 2: Rookie

Broadband Top Up

Answered

Hi,

I have read on a number of forums about the automatic increase in data allowance for existing wired customers, and even read from a Telstra rep here (scroll down to Rick Molinksy's reply to a comment on 3 June) that new customers would get it too on certain "eligible" plans.  Does anyone know what the "eligible" plans are?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband Top Up

The standalone plans have already been updated, the Bundle Services (the ones listed here: www.telstra.com.au/Home-Bundles) have not been updated, and are being manual increased between now and the end of july.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

The Current Home Bundles (the ones with the $20 discount for new customers) are eligable plans... these are the current in market bundles...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

commscanuck

Really?  When I asked about this one on chat with a Telstra rep, they told me that it had already been "upgraded," but it's definitely one with the $20 reduction each month.

I cannot find any consistent or definitive information either on forums or when in discussions with Telstra reps.  I just want to know what I could be signing up for so I can determine for myself if it's suitable and I'm happy with it.

Accepted Solution

The standalone plans have already been updated, the Bundle Services (the ones listed here: www.telstra.com.au/Home-Bundles) have not been updated, and are being manual increased between now and the end of july.
Helpful Links

commscanuck

Thanks for your help and for looking into it; the link didn't work, did you mean: https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles ?

I am constantly surprised with costs vs. what is being delivered (ie. $130/month for 500Gb and a phone), it's pretty woeful.  I suppose Telstra makes more money by increasing the poxy limits on their broadband plans rather than bringing plan prices down.  But that's a pointless whinge in the Australian market right now I suppose.

Thanks again, I have some thinking to do now

Yes sorry, my ")" attached itself to the link.

That one has pretty much all calls included, including a number of international calls, if you didn't need the calls, they also have the "Broadband Bundle" range, which looking at the inclusions have not changed yet either, https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/home-broadband

Helpful Links

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now