CrowdSupport®
benniekun
Level 1: Cadet

Broadband congestion Croydon

Hi,

I have been experiencing slower speeds since the last couple of months and recently it has been getting worse especially from the evening and weekends. Google search returns with reason likely due to the increase of internet tv streaming services that are causing congestions and this may have affected my area.

Conversations with tech support have not helped and promise of discounted service fee (due to unsatisfactory service) has not been fulfilled.

Download speed at 200-400KB/sec during night times is becoming an annoyance. I have screenshots of speed test that during off peak hours, I am getting up to 4.5MB/sec. 

Any advise on where to go from here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
abirch

Re: Broadband congestion Croydon

Can't help you but happy to join class action.

I have pinnacle Entertainment bundle in Crodon 3136.  Around Christmas I was getting over 100 Mbps downloads.

Tonight I'm getting 3.5Mbps. (That's on a Gbit connection to the Router.)

If I turn my WiFi off and use 4G on my mobile pfone, my speed is FIFTEEN TIMES FASTER !!!

Level 24: Supreme Being

According to http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/products/broadband/adsl/adsl-reports-plans/index.htm there was some backhaul relief performed on Croydon, SA exchanges towards the end of last year (Not sure if that is the Croydon you're referring to though). No indication of any other relief projects in Croydon though.

If tech support have confirmed that it is not a line issue, you can put in a complaint.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
benniekun

Hi there,

This is Croydon in Victoria though. I am just wondering if any other Telstra customers in the area are experiencing similar issues.

Is there any infrastructure or hardware upgrade that can improve the congestion or we just have to wait for NBN to happen? There is really no point paying for 500GB plan if the speed is that slow.

Croydon QCROHE3M exchange is on the Congestion list with no relief date currently

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

benniekun

Yasti, thanks for your responses.

Would you know at what point Telstra will decide to do something about the congestion? Until there is enough noise from customers in the area?

That ones more in the realm of Telstra wholesale I'm afraid which is a completely separate entity from Telstra Retail

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now