CrowdSupport®
as8d7as
Level 1: Cadet

Broadband data usage spike

Answered

Somehow my home BB plan typically uses around 5GB of data per day; apparently I somehow used 497GB in one day (25 October 2017), surging through my monthly 500GB limit. Each day before and after this was the usual ~5GB. There is nothing I can think of that could have driven this. 

Has anybody else had this problem? 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband data usage spike

There was an issue, for cable customers if I recall correctly, with large usage spikes.

If it causes your service to be shaped/slowed, give them a call on 133933, let them know you've been impacted by the usage spike, and they will be able to sort you out.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband data usage spike

There was an issue, for cable customers if I recall correctly, with large usage spikes.

If it causes your service to be shaped/slowed, give them a call on 133933, let them know you've been impacted by the usage spike, and they will be able to sort you out.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now