Zac45
Level 1: Cadet

Broken line

Hi, every time it rains in my area my internet and phone line stop working. I have several technicians come and temporarily fix the line only for the next time it rains to stop again. The last technician that came said the line my house is attached to was a later add on and and has been uncared for, with the ends of connections kept in a plastic bag in the ground and that the whole line needs to be repaired. 

What can happen to fix this? I feel like I’m calling a technician every time we get a heavy down pour. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Broken line

Hi Zac45,

I can appreciate your frustrations that your service experiences issues when it rains. Our faults team contactable on 13 22 03 can get this looked into further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PBass
Level 2: Rookie

Wow sounds like you still have the old copper network in place.

Our strata always had the same issue and in 2016 we asked to have it sorted out. It took 4 tech visits (3 just left "we missed you cards"). We were home and wondered why our doorbell never rang. On asking for access to our strata's surveillance it showed they never rang our bell or looked in the pit.

Eventually after escalation requested, the 4th actually showed up, rang on our bell, was fantastic, sorted the broken pair out. He showed us the pit, full of water, mud and a mass of old copper lines - he had to was the mud off to see anything.

We did ask for the pit to be sealed back then with no answer and the pit is still not sealed.

The issues are still happening in 2019, with strata residents still experiencing the same issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKY53rtX_c

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi PBass,

Has a complaint been lodged in regards to this issue? If so, do you have a reference number beginning with SR for the complaint?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now