CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Availability In My Area

Hello, I recently moved to a new built unit and  I went to check on coverage map and It stated that cable was not available in my area. Is there any possible way to get cable? For example, ask telstra to connect the cable to my unit? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cable Availability In My Area

The Cable rollout occured in the mid to late 90s, so if you cannot get it now it is highly unlikely you will have it available in future.

If you do have Cable on the street but cannot get it in your home then you need to speak to our sales team about having a Commercial Quote conducted to assess the cost of connecting you up. If it falls under a certain value (I am not sure what this is set at) then it would be covered by a standard install. Otherwise, you would be quoted the cost of upgrade, which you would pay on top of the standard installation.

In some cases we deem the work too extensive or expensive and will not provide a quote.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit