CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Availibility In My Area

Hello,

I'm trying to work out if i can get cable in my new house.

I found an availability checker and it reported the following...

2 <whatever> Street = Cable Available

4 <whatever> Street = Cable Available

6 <whatever> Street = Cable Available

Our new house is one of five new townhouses built on 4 <whatever> Street, so our address is Unit 2 , 4 <whatever> Street

When i check this, it says cable is not available.

So if cable is available in the street, how do i get it to become available at my house.

Please don't ask me to use live chat. I just spent an hour having the same discussion with someone who didn't understand me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cable Availibility In My Area

Heya kdap,

Given you're in a new property, more to the point newly built property, we would need to organise a commercial quote to have cable extended from the street to your property.

Appreciating that you do not wish to chat with us via Live Chat, if you send me a private message, we'll send you a link to provide your details and I can organise a call back for you if you'd like. Otherwise, we can investigate further if you'd like and continue correspondence via email so that you do have a paper trail of our interactions for your query.

In the meantime, further information on Commercial Quotes are available via:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/Can-I-have-Cable-Broadband/ta-p/325481

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Good luck.

When I tried this it took about 10 attempts to actually get onto someone who wasn't completely clueless as to what a 'commercial quote' was, and when I finally did, I got some bull$#!+ response that there "wasn't enough taps" sorry too bad.

Highlighted

Hi Renee,

I sent you a private message but it looks like you've not got it, so here goes.....

Thanks for the response to my message about cable availability.

Can i arrange a commercial quote now please?

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi kdap,

It depends on the situation at the address   Have a chat to us via 137663 & let them check the service qualification or ESQ for you address to see what broadband is available.

If cable is unavailable at the unit address, ask them to search the main address (without unit number) & if that shows Cable is available then we can do a commercial quote.

If both results come back unavailable, ADSL would be a good option if you're still after a larger amount of GBs.    

Let me know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

Hi Shannon,

I did the online availability check and it said that cable was available at the main address (without the unit number). 

Is that all they would do if i rang up?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

It sounds like there is cable available in the street which is a good sign however this doesn't necessarily mean will be able to connect your unit.

There are many factors involved including the configuration of the units as to whether we'll be able to connect it. It may mean that you will need a technician to assess the work that needs to be done and there may be a cost to you to extend the network to your unit.

As mentioned by Shannon, this is a commercial quote which can be done by our sales team. Just get in touch with them on 132200 for further assistance with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit