PeterBrisbane
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Broadband Connection

I'm trying to get my Cable Broadband service moved to my new address. I received an email saying the service had been relocated but when I connected the modem it wasn't working. I reported it to Telstra who advised that a technician would need to attend to fix the issue. The earliest a technician could come out is the 25th of FEBRUARY. 6 and a half weeks to get someone out to fix the problem! 

The real slap in the face was when the person on the support line told me it would be quicker to disconnect the service and apply for a new connection because Telstra prioritizes new customer over existing customers. Just what you want to hear after being a Telstra customer for over 20 years. If this isn't resolved this month I will be moving all of my services to another carrier. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cable Broadband Connection

Hi @PeterBrisbane

Very sorry to read about your ongoing issues with your cable broadband move.

Are you still waiting on an outcome? Have you been able to chat with our accounts team on 13 22 00 to see if they can offer a solution?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now