CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ssasss
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Connection QLD Albion

Answered

I have been waiting 3+ weeks for my move request to be completed and am continuously having to unshape my 4g backup. I have no estimated resolution date for the connection issue.

Can someone either tell me when my internet connection will be completed, or alternatively how to stop having to call up constantly to unshape the "backup" service I have that is 6/100th the speed of what it should be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Connection QLD Albion

You may be in NBN limbo. The rollout has commenced in most of Albion, so it might be in cease-sale.

And there is no way of permanently unshaping the modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

You may be in NBN limbo. The rollout has commenced in most of Albion, so it might be in cease-sale.

And there is no way of permanently unshaping the modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ssasss
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the info.

Would they tell me this if that were the case? Each service assistant tells me a slightly varied version of the story, from tech issues to order cancellations. Unfortunately this is the tip of the iceberg of issues with my move so I'm pretty close to pulling stumps, but if it's NBN issues i'd guess all providers would be in the same boat?

Support Team
Support Team

Hey ssasss, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

If you search for your address here: https://tel.st/8eykr, is a ready for service date listed? This will provide us with some more context of the situation. If the RFS date is >18 months ago, the Cable service will have been decommissioned and only nbn services can be provided (but that shouldn't prevent your order being completed).

If you are in the cease sale, I can't see any reason why we wouldn't advise as much. You've said you've had slightly different stories each time, can you share what you've been told? More context please!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now