CrowdSupport®
cehart01
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Disconnection

As per a Telstra/NBN notification I was advised that my existing connection would be terminated early November, based on this I have placed an order in with a rep through the phone. 

When I queried about the timeframe as to whether I have left enough time ( I did initially leave ample time but I was given the run around when I tried to put an order through a Telstra Store, whose service level was appalling, will never bother wasting my time again through that avenue where as the telephone support was fantastic)

I was told that once the order is in the system of which this has been confirmed that my service will not be terminated until such time that the NBN is up and running. It was mentioned that the wait time for a technician to attend my place given that I have a HFC connection, currently cable is fairly long and given that I have in good faith placed the said order in I will not be penalised due to  any delays that are out of my control

Would this be an accurate assessment

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cable Disconnection

Not necessarily. You will get cut off if non-NBN services are terminated in your area as planned in early November (especially if you have a home phone service). Non-NBN services are switched off when the infrastructure servicing them are switched off, it doesn't happen on a case by case basis and is directed by NBN Co.

You would then get reconnected when NBN Co change you over.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cehart01

Phone related services have been transferred

Will let you know on the 8th November if they are true to their word

cehart01

Just out of curiosity do you work for Telstra or the NBN Co as you seem sure that your version is what will happen in contrast to what I was told by a Telstra employee.

Highlighted

Neither. I actually work for an Engineering firm.

Just passing on what NBN Co, Telstra, and the ACMA all say what the process is. Unfortunately, you can't always take the Call Centre at their word. Hopefully they are correct, but I'd never put money on it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now