CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
eman01
Level 4: Private Eye

Cable Internet down in Beacon Hill

Answered
My cable Internet is down since a heavy storm past through earlier in the evening. Is anyone else having Internet issues in the Beacon Hill / Frenchs Forest area?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eman01
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Internet down in Beacon Hill

Fault fixed. It took Telstra 2 minutes to fix. They arrived Saturday afternoon, opened the Telstra box and replaced a component and that was it. All good now. I suspect the fault may have been due to a power surge or lightning.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Nothing yet showing at http://servicestatus.telstra.com/

If you've power cycled your modem and it's still not working, then your best bet is to get in touch with tech support on 133933.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
eman01

I've reset the modem, disconnected the cable, even tried my original cable modem, but nothing. Gateway status remains as Network Access "Denied". Logged call with Telstra and the next available technician is in 5 days. Not happy to have no internet for the remainder of the week.
Level 23: Superhero

Unfortunately because of the fires techs get moved around. This is because reconnecting basic services to entire communities is more important than fixing some internet issues on an ad-hoc basis.

Annoying when you're on the receiving end of the longer than normal wait time, but I'm sure you can understand the reasoning behind it.

Hopefully you're up and running soon, and don't forget to contact the billing team once it's up and running. They are normally pretty good at crediting back for downtime.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
eman01

I completely understand. Thanks for the advice.
eman01
Accepted Solution

Fault fixed. It took Telstra 2 minutes to fix. They arrived Saturday afternoon, opened the Telstra box and replaced a component and that was it. All good now. I suspect the fault may have been due to a power surge or lightning.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now