CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
WCE3155
Level 1: Cadet

Cable Internet on Velocity Network

Answered

Hi attempted to set up my internet over the weekend. I installed the setup CD, plugged in the modem as ths CD instructed (Ethernet cable from wall to modem) and then entered Username and Password.When it tried to test the internet connection, a message popped up telling me that it couldn't recognise the username or password to the account. (exact woring I can't remember and I'm at work now) So I called the support line, and a helpful guy told me the modem was connected to the line, but that he believed it was my Wireless setting. So he told me to turn on my laptop and try to connect. I told him I would try and call back if I had anymore issues.

When trying to get my laptop to connect via wireless, a different message popped up saying that wireless was not set up on the modem.

So my question is, how can I get the wireless feature active on the modem? I curerntly have 2x solid green lights. Internet and WAN (I think) but the wireless light remains off.

I can't connect the modem directly to the computer, as there is no phone line or ethernet wall connection in the computer room. I can also not run cables from the wall connection to the computer.

Please hlep! I would rather not spend hours of my time on the phone to Telstra when I get home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable Internet on Velocity Network

Hi,

Can you tell us what modem you have, if you can not get it to work over a wired network you won't be able to get it via wireless.

The thing with Cable is you need to be authenticated before it works.

So if you entered the wrong password on that first screen, you won't get internet until you type the correct password in

The default ip for the modem is 192.168.0.1

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Can you tell us what modem you have, if you can not get it to work over a wired network you won't be able to get it via wireless.

The thing with Cable is you need to be authenticated before it works.

So if you entered the wrong password on that first screen, you won't get internet until you type the correct password in

The default ip for the modem is 192.168.0.1
WCE3155
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Glenn. Thanks. I had entered the username and password that I was given by Telstra. I bit the bullet last night and called again and spoke to an AWESOME lady called Lynda, who helped me through it. I ended up having to connect the laptop directly to the modem (which Telstra had provided) and set it up to wireless that way. It all seems to be ok on the laptop, but my desktop is saying the wireless adaptor isn't connected, so that is now a separate issue. =)

Great, you can either mark the post as a solution or ask your other question here

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now