CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Cable Internet on Velocity Network

We just got Velocity internet connected on the 16th and am having trouble trying to get the modem to connect to the internet..

I am new to trying to set this all up all i've had in the past was ADSL and that was very simple to do..

In the car port were the cable/velcotiy box is located the house we are now living in has a wall plate with 5 ethernet plugs.

the layout of this wall plate is like

1      3

X

2      4

from this there is an yellow cable from the middle (X) pluged into number 2..

my guess is the 1,2,3,4 are room numbers and maybe depending which room you want the modem in is were you connect the middle (X) to said number perhaps? but im unsure..

In almost all rooms were there is a wall plate they all have 2 ethernet plugs and this is were i get more confused as I don't know which side to use..

Some are side by side X  X and others are one on top and other on bottom  X

X

I spoke to someone early that day and i had asked if we need to enter any passwords in the modem or is it just plug in and play and i was told it was plug in and play wouldn't need to do anything within the modem settings..

Any help on how to set this all up will be very appreciated!!

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cable Internet on Velocity Network

Hey Nixroc,

Sorry I don't have a specific answer to this question about your velocity service but I will pass this on to our tech team to review for you tomorrow.

Alternatively, you can reach our Velocity team on 1800 008 994 and they can assist you immediately. They are available 24x7.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

After speaking to someone on the Live Chat i was told i would need to enter a username and password which i was never given

Smiley Sad

After they gave me my details and i put them into the modem it connected right up to the internet no issues.. =\

I just don't get why one person tells you one thing and another gives you the right answer and how i never was given a username and password to put into the modem for the internet.. =\

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

HI Nixroc, 

That is very disappointing to hear. If you signed up on the phone or Live Chat, these details should have been advised. 

I apologise for the poor experience. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I signed up online and I've been given no details

I am still waiting on a SMS to tell me how I can claim my 3 months free sports or movie package for Foxtel...
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Nixroc,

Do you have the details you need now? If not, our Live Chat team can help if you speak with them here:  http://tel.st/49kl

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit