CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Lka
Level 1: Cadet

Cable activation

My housemates and I signed up for a 12 month bundle with Telstra cable and home phone. We had a technician come out and install yesterday but we have been unable to connect to the Internet yet because the account hasn't been activated.

When we try to browse, we are redirected to a bigpond registration/activation screen. having filled out the fields and submitted, a screen appears saying that the service should be up and running within an hour. Despite this, we still have no Internet.

We are busy people and don't want to waste our time fluffing about with ridiculous calls to tech support or activations, like other people have mentioned in posts regarding the same issue.
I called telstra yesterday and they said they would let us know what was going on. The girl was very vague.

I want to know what the problem is and how long it is going to take to fix.

I'm very annoyed that the service isn't working!

LKA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Cable activation

@Lka wrote:
We are busy people and don't want to waste our time fluffing about with ridiculous calls to tech support or activations, like other people have mentioned in posts regarding the same issue.

The first thing that pops into my head is "Who the bloody hell do you think you are?". Yeah, you might be a busy person (as am I, working for a 24/7 business and needing to be constantly available), however we all have to spend some of our time to look at issues when they arise.

Telstra provides a contact centre 24/7 via 133933. You cannot be so busy as to not have the time at, say, 3am, to ring them.

If you really want to kick up a stink, you can go to the TIO (http://www.tio.com.au ) however you should consider the product you have acquired (a residential best efforts service) versus your expectations (100% uptime with pro-active monitoring and restoration) and consider acquiring a service that meets your expectations....... I hope you have a lazy $10k a month to spend however Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now