CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JohnMF
Level 1: Cadet

Cable at Apartment but not available according to Telstra database

Hi,

I'm about to move house, and have checked online and by phone for srvices at the new property, and Telstra are telling me that "Cable is not available in your area". I know this to be incorrect as the neighboring units in the building have cable installed, this was confimed by the Bigpond team over the phone.

The Bigpond team advised that my new address was not recognised and it would have to be updated in their system

Anybody know who I can speak to to arrange this?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cable at Apartment but not available according to Telstra database

Hey JohnMF, 

Just went to answer your post on another board and it had been removed. 

If you send me a Private Message, I'll reply with a link to get your information, and we'll look at having this issue sorted out for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JohnMF

Thanks for following up Steph.

ersfsfsadad

We are having the same issue moving into our new town house. They are brand new Town houses, so we are the first tenants ever to live in them .I know there is a phone line installed at the property and there is a grey Telstra box at the front of the property too. Our neighbours (who are on the same block) have ADSL yet for the life of me I cannot get Telstra to find any availability for any kind of internet at my new address. I thought that by having a phone line installed into your property that you could get ADSL. I have never had any issues with the moving services with Telstra before. I even was able to get ADSL in my last flat which was built in like the 1960s and had an old three prong phone connector. So if you can help me out it'd be much appreciated!! 

My name is Daniel by the way.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Daniel,

When you have tried to get an ADSL connection, what information have we provided to you about why it hasn't been available?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ersfsfsadad

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. So far the only explanation I have gotten is that on the system the adress comes up as there is no ADSL available, which I obviously understand, however it does not make sense that the neighbour has ADSL, there is definitely a phone line connection, also one operator told me that I would not be able to have a home phone either, it just makes no sense, it's literally driving me batty thinking about it hahahaha!! Also I figure there has to be a way to get some kind of internet happening at the address, it isn't a new area. I feel like I am going around in circles.

Daniel 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you want to PM me your landline number I'd be happy to take a closer look. Smiley Happy

ersfsfsadad

Thanks Ben, have done that, much appreciated buddy!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now