Curlcurltelstra
Level 1: Cadet

Cable internet and fox

If I reported an internet and Foxtel outage on January 3rd, and Telstra promised to fix it by 3 to 5 business days, and it still does not work on January 11, did Telstra lie to me?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: Cable internet and fox

Hi Curlcurltelstra

There can be many factors that can delay an estimate timeframe while restoring a connection. If there is a known outage affecting you then these times will be updated here. If your fault was escalated to another team it may have been more complicated than originally found. The faults team will work to restore things as quickly as possible. 

Once the service has been restored, the billing team can look into credit for the connection downtime so you are not paying for the time when the service was offline. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Curlcurltelstra

Interesting note about the credit. After complaining I received a text promising $24.50 off my next bill or the one after, this being after 12 days of no internet or Foxtel service, a service which costs in the vicinity off $250 per month. Then I found out my next door neighbour, who only has Foxtel by cable, was offered $125.00. How do you explain that? Telstra still making wild promises of a solution date, it has changed three times in the 30 hours, and is getting longer each time!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Curlcurltelstra,

I'm sorry to read you're disappointed by the amount of rebate offered, outages are never convenient.  

Normally we rebate on a case by case basis, it is based around a pro-rated amount for each day you're without the service. It is also possible that if you qualify you can also get money via our customer service guarantee.  More on that here https://tel.st/e9757

Get back to me if I can offer further advice. 

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Curlcurltelstra

Thanks for the offer of help Angela. Nice to know you are sorry, but that really doesn't do much for me as apparently everyone at Telstra is sorry, but also unable to achieve anything. I am now looking at getting rid of all my Telstra contracts, including home phone, Foxtel, internet, business NBN internet and 4 phone lines. I have been a Telstra business customer for 35 years, but in the last few years every time I have cause to deal with Telstra, it is a complete shambles and very disappointing. If this is the level of competency of this company perhaps I should dump my shares as well before you fall apart completely. I am very confused by Telstra's approach to this outage, which they denied was occurring initially. I have been ringing the Telstra 133933 number for 2 weeks, and every time I get asked to test the modem. I was then told there is no outage in the area, even though my neighbours have lost service as well, so I needed a technician to visit my house. I arranged for someone to be at my house for 4 hours waiting for the tech, who did not show up at the house but eventually sent a text saying it was a network problem and would be handled by the Network Fault Team. Still no admission on Telstra outages page that there was an outage.Then I was told on 133933 I needed a new smart modem which would provide service via mobile signal if there was a problem. Unfortunately this smart modem did not know that no Telstra mobile works in this part of Curl Curl, no matter how smart it was, so no solution there, even though the person on 133933 did not believe that. No matter what she tried, it would not work, so the perfectly functioning old modem was reinstalled. When the new smart modem would not work the problem was again escalated. Eventually Telstra owned up to an outage in the area, and every day the promise of reconnection is changed. I have had the 3 to 5 business days promise twice, then 1 day, then the next day 7 hours, and today 2 days. Does anyone who works at Telstra have any idea what is going on?
Support Team
Support Team

Sadly I can't access your account via this unsecured medium so I'm not able to give you any facts or answers to those questions. 

If you'd like to escalate the case you can do so by placing a formal complaint, more on that here  https://tel.st/t65z2

If you'd like to chat with someone right now you can do so by calling 132200 or by chatting on the following secure chat link  https://tel.st/vb7y5

Angela 

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more