AJ85
Level 1: Cadet

Cable internet available?

Answered

Hi all,

I am moving into my new place and obviously want internet connected. Problem is all I can apparently get is adsl or wireless. Adsl is going to be terrible as we are about 5.5kms from the exchange and I would rather stay clear of wireless. The funny thing is, when I search what NBN will be installed next year it tells me I am getting HFC. Also, I have a cable isolator on the front of the building... The issue I have here is the searches don't offer cable at my address despite all other information and telstra only want to send a tech to check my connection after I have signed up for adsl or wireless... 

Here is a photo of the isolator on the building and yes, I am aware that there is no lead in to the house yet, assuming its just never been connected. 

Hoping someone could shed some light on this for me.

Cheers!

20181104_173805.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable internet available?

If you're in an NBN Build area for HFC, you're going to have to wait for NBN as from my understanding new HFC customers that require lead ins done aren't being connected due to NBN now owning the cable infrastructure.
I personally use NBN FTTP 100/40 on the Smart Modem Gen 2 with Smart Home and the Telstra TV 2
On the go and at home my Mobile connects to Telstras 4G network.

I am a Telstra Employee working for Telstra Platinum in Consumer, Small Business & Smart Home

I'm not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

For official support, start a secure chat here or you can raise a complaint here.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

If you're in an NBN Build area for HFC, you're going to have to wait for NBN as from my understanding new HFC customers that require lead ins done aren't being connected due to NBN now owning the cable infrastructure.
I personally use NBN FTTP 100/40 on the Smart Modem Gen 2 with Smart Home and the Telstra TV 2
On the go and at home my Mobile connects to Telstras 4G network.

I am a Telstra Employee working for Telstra Platinum in Consumer, Small Business & Smart Home

I'm not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

For official support, start a secure chat here or you can raise a complaint here.
AJ85
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Mate. I figured as much so wireless it is... 12mbps is still much better than 4mbps!

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more