Cable internet outage at Malabar 2036. More than 20hrs

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Cable internet outage 2036

The restoration time for the outage is tomorrow (07/01/2019) 1900 (7PM)
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KaiChi,

Some services should now be working but there is a still outage affecting some customers in Malabar that is currently expected to be restored by 7pm on the 9th. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Edge_09
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Shellock

The outage in Malabar is more extensive than cable i have both ADSL & cable services and neither have been availability since Friday. I hope Telstra is going to credit my bill as I have restricted use of Foxtel and now my data is maxed out on my Ipad SIM and running at restricted speed.

When the outage is over I'd recommend contacting billing to discuss a credit.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Once  your service is restored, speak with Billing to organise a rebate for the time that you have been without service. I am not seeing any information about the outage for ADSL services, but it could be under a different exchange to the Cable service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Edge_09
Level 1: Cadet

Is anyone aware of a genuine estimate return of cable & ADSL service for the outage at Malabar? Today is seventh day without service and the outage updates vary from 6 hours, 1 day , 2 days & unknown. The current estimate is 3 hours but it has been 3 hours for the last 8 hours. Another weekend with limited Foxtel, and no access to all my paid streaming services.       

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more