Colossus
Level 1: Cadet

Cable internet outage for more than a day now in East Killara 2071

Answered

What's going with these happening more frequently now?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Cable internet outage for more than a day now in East Killara 2071

The NBN HFC build is underway in your area, which is most likely the cause of the issue. NBN co has bought the cable infrastructure off Telstra and they are the ones who now maintain it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Accepted Solution

There are multiple cable and foxtel outages listed in East Killara. Most do not have an estimated time of repair, but some do have tomorrow (20/11/2018) at 1900 listed. However this may change.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18

The most probable reason is that NBN now own the HFC cable, and are most probably making changes to it in preparation of NBN services.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
MDH3

Foxtel has been playing up this week, when I spoke to Foxtel they say there is an issue with Telstra hardware.  when I talk to Telstra they say there is no issue.

ShayJ

We are also in East Killara. Our cable has been down for about 5 days now. Telstra is giving no indication on when it will be up again. As I run a business from home this is just not acceptable. And the Telstra Outage map is also down. Maybe they’re forcing us to the NBN?
hf567
Level 2: Rookie

We are also in East Killara and the cable connection has been down since 13 Nov 2108. Reported to Telstra a couple of times and still there is no definite date for service to be restored.
Accepted Solution

The NBN HFC build is underway in your area, which is most likely the cause of the issue. NBN co has bought the cable infrastructure off Telstra and they are the ones who now maintain it.

hf567

We are paying Telstra for the cable broadband services. Telstra should have done better to push NBN to finish the work on time and not to let the customers down. Now it is almost a week without internet connection, I just wonder whether Telstra will reduce the monthly fee for the outage period.

To be honest Internet Service Providers have no power over NBN co and what it does. They are a law unto themselves. When the outage is over, you can contact billing to request a credit for the duration of the outage.

MDH3

My service was up this morning, Foxtel is still down.

Did anyone else have a long outage in February/March this year in East Killara? Took about 2 weeks to resolve.
Royhero

I live in East Killara too. No internet connection for last 7 days and still has not back on line yet!
Accepted Solution

There are multiple cable and foxtel outages listed in East Killara. Most do not have an estimated time of repair, but some do have tomorrow (20/11/2018) at 1900 listed. However this may change.

hf567

I first reported the problem to Telstra on 13 Nov. At that time, they said the estimated time of restore was 14 Nov 19:00.  Then they changed it to 16 Nov 19:00, then 18 Nov, 19 Nov and now is 20 Nov 19:00.  Just no clue at all.

As NBN co now owns the cable infrastructure in East Killara, they are responsible for maintaining it. Telstra will give out the restoration times provided by NBN co if available. As with any outage the restoration time can change depending on the complexity of the issue and availability of parts.

hf567

It is now more than a week without cable connection at home in East Killara 2071.  Is it time for Telstra to escalate the outage issue with NBN Co on behalf of their poor customers?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hf567

I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused by the on-going broadband disruption. Due to the complex nature of resolving disruptions, restoration times can be hard to establish and pushed back. Plese keep an eye on the Outages page http://tel.st/jghc4 for any updates. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hf567

I still don't have cable connection at home at East Killara since 13 Nov 2018.  I checked the Telstra service outage website this morning and it said there was no service outage detected in my area (my address).  However, we I used the online troubleshooting tool, it still said there was outage in the area affecting cable and Foxtel connection.  It is a bit confusing but again the situation is I have no cable connection at home.

MDH3

The internet had been working for me the last couple of days and this morning but it is down again this afternoon.

Am waiting for a call from Telstra from the weekend so will lodge a complaint tomorrow if not back up.  Escalating seems to be the only way to get a response\action.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hf567

I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused by the broadband disruption, and that our Outages page doesn't show any issues.

Please chat with our technical team at http://tel.st/kfnbw or on 133 933 for further investigation into the issue.

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go or contact us about any other matter.     

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hf567

My cable service at home is now back, after 10 days outage!  Just hope the cable service is back in the steady state from now on.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now