ashgreen4
Level 2: Rookie

Cable service running of 4G now no foxtel or Steam

I lost my cable connection last week when some idiot (Telstra Tech) disconnected my house from the Arial tap on the street to connect a new house up to cable. I have been a cable client for nearly 4 years so had the old modem with no 4G backup. Rather than reconnect me as they should have ( the new customer should never have been connected) Telstra's solution was to send me a new modem with 4G backup and expect me to use this until the replace the 4 port Arial tap with an 8 port one. Yes this has been raised an escalated 

Now I have the new modem connected running of 4G but we can't connect to services such as Steam and our Foxtel Now which I get via a Telstra TV  connected to the WiFi fine but says it can not connect to the internet. We have a similar issue with services such as Steam and GOG they just will not connect

All the lights on the modem are green

Is there anything I can do to get these things working on 4G or are we screwed until we get a full cable service back

Please any help would be appreciated my son has Autism and use the Internet daily and this is causing him and his parents undue stress

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Cable service running of 4G now no foxtel or Steam

A lot of people have this problem with the GEN 2 modems. Some have resolved the problem by setting up static IP addresses and custom DNS on all your devices. Do a google search on setting up static IP on the devices operating system for steps on how to do this. Also Turn of LAN IPv6 in the modem (Advanced > Local Network)

Use the following settings.

IP address 192.168.0.xx xx is a number between 2 and 254. Use different number for each device.

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway address 192.168.0.1

DNS 8.8.8.8

Suggest you try static IP address on one device first.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more