CrowdSupport®
Blacky17557
Level 6: Bloodhound

Can I arrange for Telstra to attend my home and make changes to wiring pre NBN Connection?

Answered

Hi. Can I arrange an appointment for a Telstra Technician to come to my home and make changes to current wiring before NBN is connected?

I have two Telstra Wall Plates - Main in kitchen and other in office. The way NBN works means I would have to move my modem to the kitchen - which is unacceptable. Can I arrange for Telstra to come to my home and re-wire so that I can have my modem stay in the office.  I am aware of the telephone situation - so will use the cordless phone they supply in the kit in the office and urchase another additional handset for the kitchen.

I tried to arrange a visit by Telstra this morning on the phone. 4 different departments who didn't seem to know all that much. Any ideas please?

There are no cabling people available where I live.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blacky17557
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I arrange for Telstra to attend my home and make changes to wiring pre NBN Connection?

Thank You so much .......  I have unplugged the phone in the kitchen from the telstra wall plate - and I still have ADSL. Modem, PC and everything else is working fine.

I was so hoping that I didn't need additional work completed before NBN Connection - and with your help it seems that I don't!!

I was also trying to find the model number of the phone that they supply with the Telstra NBN Kit so I could match it and use it in the kitchen.  So far haven't been able to find the model name of the one that they send you.

Your help has been invaluable to me - and is very much appreciated (More than you can imagine!!).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Can I arrange for Telstra to attend my home and make changes to wiring pre NBN Connection?

If you will be using cordless phones and not using the wall sockets you don't need to have the sockets rewired.  The NBN modem should still work connect to socket in Office. In some cases the socket in Kitchen might have been wired so that if phone is unplugged in Kitchen socket in Office will no longer work. To check that socket in Kitchen has not been wired this way unplug phone in Kitchen. If ADSL connection still works the NBN connection will also work.

There is a phone socket on Telstra modem so exiting phone could be plugged into modem and used in office and phone supplied in kit used in Kitchen.

If you do buy a additional handset make sure it is a DECT 2 handset.

Blacky17557
Accepted Solution

Thank You so much .......  I have unplugged the phone in the kitchen from the telstra wall plate - and I still have ADSL. Modem, PC and everything else is working fine.

I was so hoping that I didn't need additional work completed before NBN Connection - and with your help it seems that I don't!!

I was also trying to find the model number of the phone that they supply with the Telstra NBN Kit so I could match it and use it in the kitchen.  So far haven't been able to find the model name of the one that they send you.

Your help has been invaluable to me - and is very much appreciated (More than you can imagine!!).

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now