CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Can i keep my Cable internet despite NBN being available?

Answered

Currently i am on Telstra Cable internet, which runs on what looks to be a Foxtel installation done in my area.  I've just gotten a notice from Telstra stating that the NBN network is replacing my existing network and i have to change.  

My questions are; Will they actually be removing the Foxtel cable network and if not, how do i stay on it?  I'm getting 50 Mbps download speeds right now and it's very stable.  I'd hate to lose that if i can avoid it. 

Appreciate any help with this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can i keep my Cable internet despite NBN being available?

The foxtel cable will be reused for NBN. 18 months after NBN first becomes available in your area you will have to transfer to NBN. All Telstra NBN plans costing over $80 per month are on the Telstra are on Standard plus speed which is equivalent to NBN 50/20 speed tier. Upload speed will be greater but download speed will be slower.

You can check the cut of date when you have to transfer by entering your address on the NBN Co website. 

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The foxtel cable will be reused for NBN. 18 months after NBN first becomes available in your area you will have to transfer to NBN. All Telstra NBN plans costing over $80 per month are on the Telstra are on Standard plus speed which is equivalent to NBN 50/20 speed tier. Upload speed will be greater but download speed will be slower.

You can check the cut of date when you have to transfer by entering your address on the NBN Co website. 

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential

View solution in original post

Level 2: Rookie

Thanks! that's very  helpful

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit