CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
killerloader
Level 2: Rookie

Can no longer gain public IP address.

Answered

Around a month ago, "IPoEDSL" appeared in my modem, and it is used as the main connect, i cannot disable it and i cannot enable the normal authentication. I've read that this actually doesn't mean anything.
Anyways, since this has happened, whenever i click "Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device" on my "Thomson TG782T" modem, and then port forward, it does not work.
In ipconfig it shows that the modem is sending a "preferred" local ip (10.0.0.##) when my connection is meant to be the public one. Attempting to manually set my internet settings just causes the internet to stop working altogether.
In the modem, the Ip Adress Assingment turns to "static" but it still shows a local IP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
killerloader
Accepted Solution

Re: Can no longer gain public IP address.

Fixed my problem by switching my service to "Routed PPP (PPP over ATM (PPPOA) on dsl)" not sure if that has any other side effects, but it got rid of the annoying IPoEDSL problem which telstra seems to think is not a problem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
killerloader
Accepted Solution

Fixed my problem by switching my service to "Routed PPP (PPP over ATM (PPPOA) on dsl)" not sure if that has any other side effects, but it got rid of the annoying IPoEDSL problem which telstra seems to think is not a problem.

View solution in original post

poprock2
Level 1: Cadet

Hi.. when I try to post on www.diyelectricvehicle.com it tells me to validate an ip address that is not mine but one that is based in western Sydney. I have been a member of DIYev site for 6 years and it appears that my IP has been hijacked. Help?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi poprock2,

I am unable to view this page, it could be an issue at their end, I would suggest trying another browser, & trying on another net connection, if this doesn't help, chat with our tech team via the following secure chat link  http://tel.st/gq6m

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now