psyber
Level 1: Cadet

Can't connect printer to modem via Ethernet cable

I have just recently got my old Telstra modem replaced with a new one because of constant NBN drop outs. After setting up the modem, I tried to connect my printer via the ethernet cable. For some reason, the gateway is not detecting the connection. I go to 192.168.0.1 and the printer is not listed as a wired connection. 

The printer was working on the old Telstra modem via the ethernet cable. Please help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Can't connect printer to modem via Ethernet cable

Id recommend going through the network set up on the printer or unplugging it from the power for a few minutes. It is probably holding on the an old IP address from the old modem and just hasn't asked for a new one. Turning it off then back on should fix the issue.
I personally use NBN FTTP 100/40 on the Smart Modem Gen 2 with Smart Home and the Telstra TV 2
On the go and at home my Mobile connects to Telstras 4G network.

I am a Telstra Employee working for Telstra Platinum in Consumer, Small Business & Smart Home

I'm not here in an official capacity. My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

For official support, start a secure chat here or you can raise a complaint here.
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Can't connect printer to modem via Ethernet cable

The printer might be set with a static IP address. Either factory reset the printer or go into its network settings and make sure it is set to use DHCP or to obtain IP address automatically

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more