Highlighted
El_Craigo
Level 2: Rookie

Cant connect to Google Drive

Answered

Hi

For the past 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to connect to Google Drive. I get this error

This site can’t provide a secure connection

drive.google.com sent an invalid response.

Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Have tried 5 different PC/laps tops, running either Windows 10 or Linux. Tried Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. All give this error. I can connect to other Google services though, only Google Drive gives this error ( i can connect to my Google Drive at work)

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
El_Craigo
Accepted Solution

Re: Cant connect to Google Drive

bugger,bugger,bugger,bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple weeks ago I turned on "Telstra Broadband Protect" and with that I turned on "Parental Controls". I've just turned off the "Parental controls" ("Telstra Broadband Protect" - "Network Protection" is still ON) and I can now access "Google Drive". I'll investigate turning it back on and see if I can allow "Google Drive" to be accessed. Not sure why a) "Telstra Broadand Protect - Parental Controls" would block it and b) Why the error didint mention that Telstra was blocking it when I tried to access it.
But anyway, I can now access "Google Drive". Thanks Jazza and CF4 for the suggestions.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

When you connect to google drive at work are you using the same laptop that want connect on your home network?
Jaza

Turn off safe browsing mode in the browser settings, if this doesn't work follow some of the steps provided in this link https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/
El_Craigo

No, using the work PC. I might borrow one from work tomorrow and try it here at home. But if 5 other laptops/PC's here at home aren't working, I doubt the work one will. But its worth trying to rule it out.

The most common reason for this type off error is incorrect time or date on the PC. Check that the correct time zone is set in the modem. By default Time zone is sett to Network time zone but best to set to manual time zone.

If you have a Technicolor gateway go to Advanced > Gateway.

El_Craigo
Accepted Solution

bugger,bugger,bugger,bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple weeks ago I turned on "Telstra Broadband Protect" and with that I turned on "Parental Controls". I've just turned off the "Parental controls" ("Telstra Broadband Protect" - "Network Protection" is still ON) and I can now access "Google Drive". I'll investigate turning it back on and see if I can allow "Google Drive" to be accessed. Not sure why a) "Telstra Broadand Protect - Parental Controls" would block it and b) Why the error didint mention that Telstra was blocking it when I tried to access it.
But anyway, I can now access "Google Drive". Thanks Jazza and CF4 for the suggestions.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now