CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gparso
Level 1: Cadet

Certain sites don't open

Answered
I am getting really annoyed at not being able to open certain sites such as Dan Murphy's, Liquorland, The Lott Golden Casket..... there are many more. I have power cycled my gateway modem and even hard reset back to factory settings. I can't reach these sites whenever on the Telstra network. As soon as I turn wifi off, sites open on Optus mobile data. It seems to getting worse and figure I may get to a point where my searching of sites will not open at all.

The error is as follows...

This site can't provide a secure connection.
Xxxxx site sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Reload.

Please help before I lose my mind.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Certain sites don't open

Given the types of sites that are being blocked, I would suspect Parental controls being to blame. Log in to your account and see if you have Telstra Broadband Protect active on your account and lower the settings if you do (or arrange to get it canceled if you don't want it).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 21: Augmented

@Gparso I would clean your cookies/temp files.

Free programs like CCleaner or Glary Utilities help with that.

Also, you might have better luck changing your DNS server to Googles 8.8.8.8 settings (Found in the modems Local Network Setting under DHCP Settings)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Accepted Solution

Given the types of sites that are being blocked, I would suspect Parental controls being to blame. Log in to your account and see if you have Telstra Broadband Protect active on your account and lower the settings if you do (or arrange to get it canceled if you don't want it).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Gparso
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you @Ozmoz  and @Jupiter 

I logged into my account and removed "NBN Broadband Protect" and it appears to have solved the issue.

I also cleared all my browsing history, cookies etc.

Now I can view dropbox, all those delicious grog shops and alike. I know it has likely opened up my connection to vulnerability, however, I don't feel like I am wasting my time or money paying for internet now as I can actually view pages now....

Thanks again both of you for your help. 

@Gparso I'm glad we could be of help :-)

As long as your PC runs the latest Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware programs you will be fine.

I don't have Broadband Protect on either, but it's never really off, as I have found occasionally it still sticks its nose into my business even though I don't want it to.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now