CrowdSupport®
Elucidor
Level 2: Rookie

Changing from Optus NBN to Telstra NBN

Answered

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the timeframe for Telstra to process an order and activate their service for a FTTP nbn connection? In theory it should be easier to switch providers if the NBN is already installed right? Need to know so I can cancel Optus without them charging me an extra month. Thanks

Edit: And do they usually activate the service after their modem/gateway is delivered or beforehand?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing from Optus NBN to Telstra NBN

If you are migrating your number over it is meant to work the same as prior and you can just arrange a port and it is done by the RSPs.

If you are taking a new number the activation and be done within a few days typically but depends on the 'appointment date' that nbn set, it isn't an appointment date as in someone coming but it is when nbn actually process an order. If you process the order with the sales team over the phone they should be able to give you information on the appointment dates.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Vulcan
Level 10: Junior Detective

You really should have waited both optus and telstra are as bad as each other when it comes to the nbn.
Elucidor
Level 2: Rookie

I'm aware of the problems but Telstra works completely fine at my POI while Optus has absolutely failed to provide adequate internet for the last month

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you are migrating your number over it is meant to work the same as prior and you can just arrange a port and it is done by the RSPs.

If you are taking a new number the activation and be done within a few days typically but depends on the 'appointment date' that nbn set, it isn't an appointment date as in someone coming but it is when nbn actually process an order. If you process the order with the sales team over the phone they should be able to give you information on the appointment dates.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now