James40
Level 1: Cadet

Changing internet home plan

I was talking to the Telstra 24/7 chat, i want to change my current big data bundle plan to the unlimited plan. Same price but the newer one will be quicker, how much quicker telstra wont say but thats ok. My issue is that the gentleman i was talking to told me telstra cant tell me how much it will cost me to change plans until i have actually changed plans. How is this legal in anyway, there is no way it is. I even double checked with the Telstra person and they said yeah they couldnt tell me how much until i had actually changed? What on earth.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changing internet home plan

Hi James.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, you would be able to see the cost of our plans here. The confusion may have arisen from the fact that the consultant would not have been aware whether you would be eligible for a speed boost. The base cost of the unlimited plan with 50mbps max speed is $90 a month. If you were able to get a speed boost at your location, the max speed would increase to 100mbps and the cost would increase to $120 a month. The tricky part here is that we wouldn't know if your connection would be able to get the speed boost until the service was installed and tested.

In other words, the cost would depend on which max speed was available for your connection - $90 a month for 50mbps max, or $120 a month for 100mbps max.

Please let me know if this clarifies things.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now