ChromeCast wont connect since NBN connected

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: ChromeCast wont connect since NBN connected

Are you using the same or an updated router for the NBN connection?

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 23: Superhero

Re: ChromeCast wont connect since NBN connected

LD there could be any number of things effecting your Chromecast, but NBN as such wouldn't be one of them.

Chromnecast depends on a 2.4 ghz WiFi connection. As long as you've got your regular internet connection and a reliable WiFi hookup to that for the Chromecast you shouldn't be getting any problems.

There is an excellent trouble shooter you could check out and follow at this link: http://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/Guides/Chromecast-not-working-with-WiFi-help

I shifted our Chromecast today from one TV to another and struck problems. Did a complete reset of the chromecast and bingo, up and running again.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more