Highlighted
Mofoditis
Level 1: Cadet

Chromecast

Hi, I recently took delivery of a Google Chromecast but it will not stream Google Play Movies. It streams YouTube and Music and everything else I have tried but movies is a no go. I have a Technicolour wifi modem (2.5years old now) and wondering if there is some sort of setting that needs to be changed on the router to get this to work?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Chromecast

Eevening there, seems like you don't have this problem on your own, if you go to the following link there are a number of Australian Chromecast owners very unhappy. I don't think it's anything to do with your particular modem/router, I doubt that all of the people complaining would have the same kit.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chromecast/LzTNUQmtuTg/EAm7OU4-NUEJ

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now