CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Jul3s
Level 2: Rookie

Complaint

Answered

Good morning

I would like to know the email address to make a formal complaint to Telstra. I have phoned and used online chat, received a case manager who has assured me that the transcripts of the multiple calls and details of the complaint would be sent in writing via email. 

Having received a letter notifying NBN was available at my address I contact Telstra to connect. The technician attended the property only to advise us there was no line available and NBN would set up the line outside our property after which Telstra would return to connect the NBN. Was advised by this technician that it would be a simple process as a conduit with wire was already in place (put in by our builder).

So imagine my surprise when I went outside to go to work and we had a retaining wall with loose bricks lying next to a garden bed with uprooted plants and holes dug to depth of shoulder height of a grown man, and no one in sight.

Multiple phone calls to Telstra being told by someone on the other side of the world that it was NBN not Telstra. More phone calls to NBN to be told it was Telstra. It seems for telecommunication companies neither know how to communicate with each other. Finally reassurance that no further work would be done until the damage was inspected (I have photo of this).

But wait more surprises when the following day I again went outside to go to work and there they were 3 men in high-visual shirts (no identification on clothing or vehicles) one in another hole shoulder deep, the second watching while the third sat in the vehicle on his mobile. When I asked who they were and why they were on my property without my knowledge or permission I was advised they were from NBN and had every right to do whatever they needed. Being afraid and alone I left without getting photos of this day. 

Calling both Telstra and NBN complaints departments again I was advised that NO WORK WAS SCHEDULED for my property on that day and TO CALL THE POLICE if I was concerned.

Which being concerned that these people were on my property doing further damage and I was afraid to approach them further alone, I reluctantly did, even though police are busy solving crimes and protecting the community and do not have time to investigate Telstra and NBN errors. Oh and again I was assured I would receive everything in writing.

SO with damage to my property I was forced to find someone to inspect the retaining wall to ensure it was stable, purchase new compost and garden soil (as all the good soil we had previously paid our landscaper for was now buried under meters of clay). SO hundreds of dollars $$$ later and a full day of our weekend (which we do not give up lightly) we repaired the damage. It seems that Telstra or NBN do not inspect damage until months after. 

With over 30 calls from Telstra and NBN in a week (this is harassment) after being advised I needed everything including phone contact to be sent via email in writing. I am again today sitting here waiting for the Telstra technician (11/2 hours late) to connect the NBN.

I am done with chat on line and phone calls to make complaints and would like the direct email address to send my complaint ( I DONOT want the link to send it in as I need proof of receiving and read receipts to take this to the telecommunication ombudsman and fair trading). I do not recall the rights to harassment, not to mention trespass and damage to property being my my Telstra/NBN contact.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Complaint

If you already have a case manager they may be able to arrange for email communications. To my knowledge though there is no email for the complaints team. In regards to the connection work, in the world of NBN, Telstra techs only work inside your premise such as installing your modem. Everything done outside is done by NBN techs or contractors. This may be of assistance https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/articles/000001010/what-if-the-installer-damages-my-property/
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

If it's work done outside your house, then it is definitely an NBN Co Contractor. Telstra do not perform works outside of your house once the NBN has been activated in your area.

Telstra only put the request to NBN Co to get the connection work done and then it is all NBN Co. The problem then becomes that NBN Co do not like to deal with the end customer, which in situations like this can make life difficult.

Give your complaints manager a chance to get back to you, but if they can't assist, then you can lodge a complaint direct to NBN Co via 

https://www1.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/contact-us-form.html

or you can lodge a complaint against NBN Co with the TIO (www.tio.com.au).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

If you already have a case manager they may be able to arrange for email communications. To my knowledge though there is no email for the complaints team. In regards to the connection work, in the world of NBN, Telstra techs only work inside your premise such as installing your modem. Everything done outside is done by NBN techs or contractors. This may be of assistance https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/articles/000001010/what-if-the-installer-damages-my-property/
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Jul3s

Thank you for your reply I have already contacted this number and it made no difference both companies just blame each other. Really doesnot help the customer.
Accepted Solution

If it's work done outside your house, then it is definitely an NBN Co Contractor. Telstra do not perform works outside of your house once the NBN has been activated in your area.

Telstra only put the request to NBN Co to get the connection work done and then it is all NBN Co. The problem then becomes that NBN Co do not like to deal with the end customer, which in situations like this can make life difficult.

Give your complaints manager a chance to get back to you, but if they can't assist, then you can lodge a complaint direct to NBN Co via 

https://www1.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/contact-us-form.html

or you can lodge a complaint against NBN Co with the TIO (www.tio.com.au).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jul3s

I have tried the contact us form unfortunatley I feel I need more legal evidence that these emails are being recieved and read therefore they should supply an email address.

You will have the email address for NBN Co when they respond to you (they respond using a real email address). I have used that method of contact before with NBN Co.

Other than that, you can't get an email address to initiate contact (standard practice these days).
Jul3s

Thank you
Jul3s

Latest update
Just recieved an email from a noreply address with a link for a survey?
Apparently NBN/Telstra fell it is acceptable to close the case without any resolution or without following through with agreed communication.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jul3s,

Do you have a complaint lodged with Telstra directly at all? If so, can I please get the SR reference number for it so that this can be followed up on?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now