Nenee
Level 1: Cadet

Constant NBN FTTN dropouts

Our internet is dropping out 20 times a day. NBN is hopeless, we had no problems when we had ADSL. We are paying for internet but we are not getting it, we are also paying for Foxtel now & Netflix but we can’t watch an episode of a half hour show. I have kids heading back to uni who need internet to submit assignments and study. I spent over 40mins in hold waiting for a Telstra representative. This is ridiculous.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ghost4
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Constant NBN FTTN dropouts

check your NBN order status, if it is showing complete and not is order error status like provisioning, error provisioning, if any of this. tell them to raise a NBN pet form for you.
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Constant NBN FTTN dropouts

Odds are that it is a faulty termination at the node, or at one of the joints between the node and your house. This will require an NBN Co technician to come out and reterminate the joint. Unfortunately, NBN Co tend not to want to send someone out at the first request from Telstra.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more