CrowdSupport®
Shan76
Level 1: Cadet

Constant NBN dropouts

After many years of reliable Telstra cable, I recently made the huge mistake of migrating to Telstra NBN.

I have now suffered NBN for 30 days and since day 1 I have been experiencing very frequent connectivity dropouts which last for 3-10 minutes each time. Sometimes every hour I get about 3 such dropouts, making the nbn setup practically unuseable.

I have raised a Telstra support call several weeks ago, and a technician was finally going to attend today Monday between 8am - 12 midday. It is now 2:50pm and nothing yet. Incredibly frustrating as I have taken the day off work, lost pay, and still no technician, no resolution.

I contacted Telstra repeatedly today and all they can say is that there system has a note saying that a call has been escalated to an NBN technician and that there is a network degradation issue. Telstra are unable to say what nodes the degradation issue is between - clearly there is a degradation issue as I have now called them over 8 times in the past few weeks.

The latest from the technician today is that frequent intermittent dropouts is a wide ranging issue across nbn as the system is unable to cater to the large number of people who are migrating across to the service.

Unfortunately I am also unable to opt out of the flawed NBN system and move to my previous cable as telstra no longer supports legacy copper based services. So I am stuck with practically no connectivity.

If you haven't migrated to NBN yet - DON'T. NBN does NOT work. Telstra support is unable to provide any value over sustained periods of time.

Very annoyed soon to be ex-Telstra customer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Constant NBN dropouts

Unfortunately, even if you changed providers, you would still be stuck with the same problem.

If it is a problem with the NBN network itself, then it won't matter who you are with as it is still reliant on the same hardware.

You could raise a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints but unless NBN Co fix the infrastructure in your area, it probably won't do much good.

You could also raise a complaint about NBN Co with the Ombudsman via www.tio.com.au given what the technician told you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Shan76
Level 1: Cadet

If anyone from Telstra can help,

incident numbers : INC07103561 within the Telstra system.
INC300000650372 NBN incident number.

Service Request raised. Telstra formal complaint raised. TIO complaint will be next.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Shan76, 

I'm sorry to hear of this experience and can appreciate the frustration here.

We're unable to track incident numbers from crowd support and I apologise for the inconvenience there.

If you have raised a complaint with us please provide me the SR reference number here so I can see if we can have your complaint assigned sooner. They look like 'SR 1-XXXXXXXXXX'

I'm happy to help where I can.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now