hazzo101
Level 1: Cadet

Continous dsl dropouts

Hello, I have telstra bigpond ADSL2+, it constantly drops out nearly every 3 minutes on average. I have tried everything I can think of, taking the filter off and putting the modem straight into the port, turning it off for 10 minutes once a week etc. But none of these steps seem to work, it just continues to cut out. when the intenet cuts out, the dsl and internet lights flash red. i have 2 wire 2701HGV-W which came with our plan which we got 2 and a half years ago. We have recently renewed our plan but are still using the same modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Continous dsl dropouts

Hi Hazzo101,

You mentioned removing the filter from the modem, but not what other equipment is connected to other telephone sockets. This can have a serious impact on your service. Have a look through this Knowledge Base on how to perform an isolation test, to make sure that a simple fix hasn't been missed.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

If you check within the settings on your 2Wire modem, you should see the Software Version which will need to be updated if you currently have: 5.29.113.13

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hazzo101
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Continous dsl dropouts

Thanks guys, it turns out that the problem was that i hadnt updated the modem since i would have to get telstra to update it for me. 

Thanks,

Hazz

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now