hazzo101
Level 1: Cadet

Continous dsl dropouts

Hello, I have telstra bigpond ADSL2+, it constantly drops out nearly every 3 minutes on average. I have tried everything I can think of, taking the filter off and putting the modem straight into the port, turning it off for 10 minutes once a week etc. But none of these steps seem to work, it just continues to cut out. when the intenet cuts out, the dsl and internet lights flash red. i have 2 wire 2701HGV-W which came with our plan which we got 2 and a half years ago. We have recently renewed our plan but are still using the same modem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Continous dsl dropouts

Hi Hazzo101,

You mentioned removing the filter from the modem, but not what other equipment is connected to other telephone sockets. This can have a serious impact on your service. Have a look through this Knowledge Base on how to perform an isolation test, to make sure that a simple fix hasn't been missed.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

If you check within the settings on your 2Wire modem, you should see the Software Version which will need to be updated if you currently have: 5.29.113.13

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hazzo101
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Continous dsl dropouts

Thanks guys, it turns out that the problem was that i hadnt updated the modem since i would have to get telstra to update it for me. 

Thanks,

Hazz

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more