CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Trog_Hater
Level 1: Cadet

Credit

Answered

Firstly the situation; my area has been without cable internet since last Thursday (we did get it back for a day and a half on Wednesday), most people probably blame Tel$tra but personally I think it was the Troglodytes installing NBN in the area likely confused a stray dog for a mammoth and tripped over our cable while trying to run it down for lunch.

Anyway to my queries:
1/ I'd like to know how I go about claiming a credit on my bill for the days of missed service. Will I do that after the bill comes in or can it be done so that the next bill will take into account these and any further days without service? or perhaps it is automatic?

2/ I am wondering about the possibility of Tel$tra waiving the cost of the Gen 2 Smart Modem I had to purchase so that my autistic boys stopped raging about no internet (seriously I had the worst 4 days of my life before the Smart Modem showed up) and so that my daughters could do their school and college work. I wouldn't have needed this modem after all if Tel$tra was able to supply the service I am paying them for (even if this is the NBN Troglodytes fault). I was moved onto a new plan which included the modem to get it but frankly I wouldn't have needed it if the service wasn't down and if Tel$tra had given it to me like I requested when I last changed plans (at the time it was "new customers only!").

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Credit

@Trog_Hater wrote:

Firstly the situation; my area has been without cable internet since last Thursday (we did get it back for a day and a half on Wednesday), most people probably blame Tel$tra but personally I think it was the Troglodytes installing NBN in the area likely confused a stray dog for a mammoth and tripped over our cable while trying to run it down for lunch.

That is certainly a scenario that cant be ruled out

1. Once the service is back up and going, contact billing and they should provide credits for the days it is out. Unfortunately they wont provide credits until its resolved so the start and end dates are clear

2. Raising a complaint would be your best avenue for this one. At the very least you won't be worse off by raising one

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

@Trog_Hater wrote:

That is certainly a scenario that cant be ruled out

1. Once the service is back up and going, contact billing and they should provide credits for the days it is out. Unfortunately they wont provide credits until its resolved so the start and end dates are clear

2. Raising a complaint would be your best avenue for this one. At the very least you won't be worse off by raising one

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Trog_Hater
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you Yastiandrie that was extremely helpful. I think the NBN guys are trying to fix our connection at the moment, at least I saw a bunch of them gathered around the box grunting and wacking it with clubs, somehow I don't fancy our chances.

I'd start getting concerned if they figure out the secret behind fire

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now