Redgum71
Level 2: Rookie

Cronulla

Hello, we’ve had tech out recently, was ok for 1-2 days, then now constantly smart modem cutting over to 4G, now getting threats from Telstra to cut it off, formal complaint in place as never received Telstra promise of 6 mbps in 2 yrs, can’t get any sense out Telstra. Every time restart modem goes back to 4G.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Cronulla

What type of connection do you have?

Is the connection dropping out or just running slow or both?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Redgum71,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm really sorry to hear your connection is failing and I can appreciate that this would be frustrating.

Have you been in touch with tech support since then? If so, what has been advised?

Regarding your formal complaint, are you able to provide me your SR reference from the complaint's form? It looks like 'SR 1-1XXXXXXXXXX'.

Please let me know.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Redgum71

SR 1-1969087416616

We have no response to correctly sent emails. I have called multiple times, in Saturday called with 45 min guaranteed call back, no response.

Two pits in my street have been replaced, what I think is my pit is not and full of water.

I would like an on-site visit ASAP, despite assurances that my wife was setup with authority - if they do call they refuse to talk with her and insist on talking or gaining authority from me - incredibly frustrating.

We have had no internet for circa 10 days after 60-90 of very poor and after 2 years of 1mbps.

I am at a loss
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that detail. I've emailed your case manager, requesting she get in touch as a priority. Appreciate your patience. Please let us know the outcome, as I'd like to see this appropriately resolved. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are on the Peninsula proper, then you may/or may not get lucky with any repairs as NBN Co is rolling out the FTTC network at the moment (which will ultimately improve your situation out of sight, but may cause delays in getting faults looked at). It will depend on which technicians NBN Co has available in the area.

You should be able to migrate to an NBN connection by the end of this year.

Now, for the slightly off topic bit. If you have multiple phone outlets and you wish to keep using them after you migrate to NBN, you will need to get a little bit of rewiring done as the outlets other than your primary outlet will need to be rewired to a patch panel next to your primary outlet (where the modem will be located). An electrician can do this for you. Nothing to worry about right now, but just a bit of info to keep in mind when the time comes.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Redgum71

Two threatening emails and two sms telling they’d reduced my nonexistent access further as my adsl is on mobile.
I have no ability to accept phone calls during the day. I would like someone onsite tomorrow ? Jupiters response says I should be ok with NBN by December? Can someone write to me confirming refunds, actions being taken etc ?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi There, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

What's your best preferred contact method? I'm happy to let your case manager know for you.

Let me know.  

Redgum71

Hi, email as per my account preferences.
Support Team
Support Team

No worries Redgum71. I have passed this onto your case manager and advised them to email. 

Redgum71

Hello, we had a physical technician come to my home today (ref 170457505) and whilst he was present the MBPS got up to 11 MBPS - the best we've had in 2 years. Which was great. However a) he said ' NBN has been activated and we need to call to get connected - I don't understand why he couldn't do this himself and b) Our MBPS has now dropped to 1 MBPS in the evening. I still have had no written response to I) my Bills which I keep paying ii) can someone tell me who I call to activate NBN and iii) How do we stop these wild swings of performance ? Over the weekend we had zero.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Redgum71,

Good to hear that a Technician attended and was able to get an increase in the speed however it is not good to hear this speed has now dropped. I understand this is frustrating.

What did the technician advise about the connection?

Unfortunately a technician there to look at an ADSL fault would be unlikely able to install an nbn service. An order would first need to be raised and then the appropriate technician would then be sent.

You can check the availability of the nbn by entering your address here https://tel.st/2rl63 if available you can raise an order here https://tel.st/zgfhe;

I can see a complaint has been raised about the issues with your current service, has your Case Manager discussed any of your other concerns with you?

Redgum71

Hi, I still haven’t personally heard from the case manager for the past 3 weeks, my wife is now finally on my authority, I haven’t heard about my ‘ bill ‘ enquiry.

NBN says July, even though the pits appear to have the tech installed.

I am monitoring stability 4 x plus a day, dropped out totally last night then came back.

Regards
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Redgum71,

From what I can see your case manager contacted someone listed on the account earlier this week, are you saying that didn't happen?

Redgum71

Ok, they didn’t identify themselves as such. The technician said he needed ticket raised to replace a cable on the street. My wife spent 40 min on phone yesterday with only result threat to charge us. $187 for tech to call out. We asked for our case manager to call me directly- no response and no response on bills, I want significant refunds and I need the cable in the street repaired. The adsl varies from 6 to <1 mbps throughout day, I checked 6 times yesterday, every time massive difference.
Support Team
Support Team

When a customer does contact us we must quote all possible charges it should not sound like a threat, if they will not apply to your service they will be adjusted.

I have sent a contact request to the case manager for you and you will be contacted in 24-48 Business Hours.

Redgum71

Hello, we were awaiting a technician to call back (rob) because Cameron (other tech) said our 10-port in our pit was overloaded. I was told by Telstra not to pay my bill but now I am being told it’s overdue? I will like Cameron’s recommendations completed and for a formal communication on my bill over what is nearly 5 months (since January). I would the like the ‘overdue’ removed. We are experiencing ranges from 1.5 to 6 mbps.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Redgum. 

Were you given a reference number for this callback so I can follow up?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Redgum71

No
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us Redgum71,

I can see a complaint has been raised regarding this issue. Have you have any recent contact with your Case Manager regarding this?

Redgum71

Hello, no, I chatted with an online support on the weekend regarding my bill as it’s showing overdue but being told by them not to pay - I would rather it was removed. ADSL is back <1 mbps tonight. Online support said case officer would call in 48 hrs but hasn’t.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Redgum71

Thanks for letting us know although it's disappointing to hear you haven't been contacted.

I'll follow up with the team that manages complaints to request contact on your behalf.

While you can expect contact asap, this does usually occurs within 2 business days. 

If for some reason you're not contacted by close of business Monday, please let us know here.

We appreciate your patience & apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now