CrowdSupport®
howurs
Level 1: Cadet

DNS Issue on Cable Modem

Hi All

Not sure if this is a common issue at the moment but my cable modem is unable to provide internet to my lappy, and is providing a very slow speed to the PS3 and constantly dropping out there.

PS3 is citing DNS issues as is the Wifi Adapter Trouble Shooter on my lappy when I run a diagnostic.

My housemate let me know that the internet was running slow a few days ago but not even being able to connect it a little troublesome.

I've reset the modem a couple of times, reset the computer, changed to a static DNS, the correct one for my state of Victoria and not sure where to go to from here.

Wifi is still working though, only having issue with connecting to internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Urs

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DNS Issue on Cable Modem

Hey howurs,

That is one that is better suited to the Social Media Tech Team, so I will have this one passed on to their queue for further assistance later this morning. They should answer the post after 9am EST today the 03/06/2014.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DNS Issue on Cable Modem

Hi Urs,

Can you try returning the modem to obtaining the DNS automatically? 

If experiencing difficulties with DNS, you can also try the DNS for other states to see if that resolves the issue.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now