SJA79
Level 1: Cadet

Delayed Modem delivery

I have ordered home broadband connection on 7th Aug and i have been told that modem will be delivered on 8th Aug (order tracking also showing the same) however until today (23rd Aug) i have nit received it. Upon enquiring with Telstra they are always saying that deliveries are delayed due to unavailability of stock and modem will be delivered in next 3-4days. I have also lodged a complaint and received a call mentioning that modem has been delivered to your address on 13th Aug, since we do-not find anyone at home we place it at a safe place outside. Upon arguing that there is no safe place they said that we will deliver a new modem latest within 1-2days. But again nothing happen in 2days. Called them again and this time same story of unavailable stock. Inam really fed up with telstra upon their commitments.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Delayed Modem delivery

Thanks for coming through. This does seem like a bit of a frustrating situation, apologies that this has occurred.

It is unfortunate that you're having this issue when we're having an issue with our supply of modems. This should just be a temporary issue, and I would expect that this should be addressed within the next week or so. You will receive your modem within 2 business days of the stock coming in.

Please keep me updated on what happens from here.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Matt093
Level 2: Rookie

I’m having the same issue! 

I moved, ordered on 14th August and my connection date is estimated to be the 29th August. 

I understand there are stock delays but this wait is ridiculous when people rely on internet for work. It’s currently costing us a fortune in extra data on our phone plans. The delays should have been made clear prior to us signing up, if I had of known I would have gone with another supplier who could have connected us a lot sooner. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Matt093, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles with this move and for the delays. Were your mobiles with Telstra? If so, have you spoken with our team to look at adding some data to help you through this period?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Matt093

Hi Ryan 

no unfortunately our mobiles are not with Telstra. We chose to do our internet with Telstra because we had heard good things about how quick the process was. It is disappointing this has not been the case for us. 

Support Team
Support Team

OK I understand. I apologise this has been a bad experience so far, so was the 29th the first available appointment? Or was this a time frame for the move order to complete in our system?

- Ryan

Matt093

Hi ryan 

i selected to self install. When I track my order it simply says that the 29th is the expected connection date 

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Are you being delivered equipment for this self install or just using your existing equipment?

- Ryan

Matt093

I am expecting a delivery of a modem 

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. As this is dispatched, trace and trace information will be added to your order information to track the delivery of the modem.

- Ryan

Matt093

Thanks. Are you able to give an update on when this will be dispatched? I am studying online and working from home fulltime so as you can imagine this is becoming frustrating with no internet. 

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you. We cannot access accounts via these platforms due to security, but keep an eye on the order tracker for the latest information as it becomes available.

- Ryan

SJA79

Still i am waiting for the modem delivery, order tracking tool is unable to provide any information on delivery.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SJA79

It is not good to read that you are still waiting for the delivery of your modem. Please chat with our online team at https://tel.st/uzcnv who can review your account and discuss further. 

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

SJA79

In response to my TIO complaint, a lady called me yesterday and confirm that due to shortage we were unable to deliver the modem and let me check if a modem is available in any of the nearby stores to location, then she commit to call back next day.

today morning I was chatting with one of Telstra representative and he confirm that modem has been dispatched on 23rd Aug and you will receive it latest by tomorrow.

I don't understand if it is dispatched then why online order tracking tool is not showing the same?

its frustrating....

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now