CrowdSupport®
BishopG
Level 1: Cadet

Destiny2

Hi can I get help with Destiny 2 network issues? I have been having for couple of months I play on pc with NBN connection, on a speed test download speed is high and upload is very slow less than 1mb, i use Wi-Fi but Ethernet connection makes no difference, I have tried setting up address and turning DMZ to on and still issues.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Destiny2

A upload speed of less than 1 Mbps could be the cause of your problem. Even the basic NBN speed tier has a speed upload speed tier of 1 Mbps and most of the Telstra plans have an upload speed of either 5 Mbps or 25 Mbps. Have you tried doing a speed test on more than one device? Some PC come with a network utility which is supposed to increase network performance but in some cases limits the speed.

Are all the lights on the modem green? The modem might be in backup mode which limits speed to 6 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. Backup mode on the GEN 2 modem is indicated by the front light being green and on the GEN 1 modem by online light being purple.

If you have a FTTN NBN link (modem’s DSL port is connected to phone wall socket) could you post your DSL link status. These will show if the upload speed is being limited by NBN link. A example of DSL link status is shown below. On Telstra modems the DSL link status is located here:

Telstra Gateway Max TG799 and Telstra Gateway Max II (TG800)
http://10.0.0.138 > advance > broadband > DSL stats

Telstra Gateway Frontier (DJN2130), Telstra Smart Modem (DJA0230) Telstra Smart Modem Gen2 (DJA0231)
http://192.168.0.1 > Advanced > Broadband > DSL stats Log in ID Gen 2 is admin/Telstra

Telstra Gateway (Sagemcom F@st 5355)
http://10.0.0.138 > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Dev Info > General > xDSL (Near bottom of page) Password is admin

Smart_Modem_DSL_Link_Status_48Mbps.jpgDSL link 49 Mbps

BishopG

My DSL link status is showing No Signal > Ive tried powering modem off and on, i dont see how to turn back on

Is WAN / DSL light on the back of the modem off. If it is off ring support 1800834273 and lodge a fault. If its on it then you don't have an FTTN connection and "DSL Link Status showing no signal" is  normal if link is not a FTTN link.

BishopG

I have the type of modem where there are lights on the top of it, then on the side there is power button, on the top there is Signal,  Link, Online,  Phone, the Signal light is not on, even after restarting router, sometimes I have noticed it is red, the other three Link, Online, Phone are all green - i will call support number and lodge a fault.

I have been using dongle for gaming and working fine.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now