Mudi1982
Level 2: Rookie

Discounts for existing customers when renew plans

Answered

My contract for home phone/broadband has expired since few months. I was with Telstra for about 4-5 years now. I contacted Telstra Online twice now to see if existing customers get any discount when they renew the plan, unfortunately answer was NO. They repeat the same things as online. But they offered a $ 10 discount to one of my friend who moved from other carrier. 

Is this mean, Telstra doesn't care about the loyalty of the customers ? I'm bit confused and angry. 

MR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Discounts for existing customers when renew plans

Hi Mudi1982,

Ring Telstra on 132200 (I think the hours are something like 8am- 9pm AEDT), say "Disconnection" to the automated lady.

You should be put through to the Saves team who should be able to look at your Account and hopefully offer you a discount to keep you as a Telstra customer. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

Hi Mudi1982,

Ring Telstra on 132200 (I think the hours are something like 8am- 9pm AEDT), say "Disconnection" to the automated lady.

You should be put through to the Saves team who should be able to look at your Account and hopefully offer you a discount to keep you as a Telstra customer. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
boronia
Level 1: Cadet

Been with Telstra for 40 plus years they NEVER give you anything, they do everything to entice you to become a Telstra customer but once you're a 'loyal' customer, your forgotten. I have since switched the landline to my internet provider paying $9.95 a month including free calls, was paying $30.00.
Level 21: Augmented

This is normal, unfortunately, in Australia... Once you are "member/subscriber/customer" somewhere, you won't get as much as the new customers... It's sick but that's how it works here... However, there are ways how to get even better deals, and one of them is to do what @Smiley3 suggested... The disconnection people have incredible powers to keep existing customers...
Another one is to wait a bit... In my experience (over 25 years and counting), every time shortly after my contract expired I have been contacted by Telstra with good offer... Last two times "incredible offer"...
But, just to be clear - your 4-5 years, will not give you as much as my 25+ years gave to me...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Mudi1982
Level 2: Rookie

I did as Smiley3 suggested and Telstra gave me a discount. Thanks Smiley3.

MR
Highlighted

You're welcome Smiley Happy

I'm glad you could get a discount Smiley Wink

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now