Graham29
Level 2: Rookie

Does anyone really care about resolving customer issues?

A little background. January - moved into a new rental property and thought I would go with Telstra NBN - despite it being more expensive, thinking that Telstra would give me hassle free service. Very wrong assumption. NBN was already installed in the property, something that the first Telstra lady advised me that meant no establishment charges - she was happy to waive the establishment fee for a two year contract. But from there a simple NBN connection has been a nightmare - over a simple issue of the property having the wrong street address (the house is on corner with two street frontages). Five attempts at closing and reopening - because they though each time that would solve the problem - at least two modems sent out to me, and now Telstra you bill me for a new NBN connection ($300) and have charged me twice for the internet connection. Telstra has been incompetent in connecting the property, and even worse with the customer service provided to me to try and resolve this matter. I have just gone round and round, pleading times to be put through to someone who knows how to resolve this - and at the end you charge me $511 for the pleasure of your poor customer service. I see in other community discussions you have referred people to their account manager - well please don't do that with this. Take it up higher to someone who actually cares about Telstra providing a good service and not wasting your time and resources (just see how many modems you have sent me for the one connection - I know of two at least - I stopped going to the post office so maybe there are three more waiting there for me).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
OmaSusi

Re: Does anyone really care about resolving customer issues?

I totally agree with you. After 19 years of not being with Telstra, I just signed up for a contract with a mobile phone and so far am not impressed with service. It appears Telstra knows how to invoice but not deliver. In view of your experience with service, I might check out my options of cancelling and staying put with my current provider. Want to be with Telstra but their service is seriously lacking.
Just once I'd like to read a medication label that says: Warning, may cause permanent weight loss, increased energy and wrinkle removal. -Anonymous
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

If you havent done so already I'd reconmend raising a complaint, there is a link to do so in my signature below. As this is only a community forum, members can only offer advice and can not access your account or related information.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

truthsayer
Level 6: Bloodhound

we are on adsl+2 AND IN 2020 be in fixed wireless.
at present we have been having constant drop outs the major ones gives us a new ip which I have a record, minor ones well ping in and out.
support
first one says there is nothing and leveled us up
second one says he can see the drops out many... and said he will fix and if we have more issues contact him.
three the 3rd one says no drop outs and so will send a tech home to check with a new modem....
now we wait...
every time we have had this issue it has been either the modem or the exchange...
I have Alzheimer, wife got a tracking watch it would show in modem. and the company through remote viewing on the watch saw it was continuing dropping out... telstra said so what nothing to do with them
once they decided to cut back our speed to see if that will work that was a nightmare trying to get them back up to right speed...
I am suprise that some of these farmers are actually working for telstra with all their bull**bleep**.

it seems that telstra has been buying cheap modems that dont last more than 12 mos or so and that their exchange is need of huge upgrades...
some of the service online tech lack the skills also
they are saving million with off shore workers

I will let you know what happens when the tech come here today
new modem or fix at the exchange
when their services fail those in need those that are confined and ones that need help in tracking then they have failed.....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Graham29 - Did you lodge a complaint as GuiltySpark suggested?  The case manager assigned to review the history of this issue and resolve the billing concerns.

@OmaSusi - Is the issue that you are having with the mobile itself or the mobile coverage in your area?

@truthsayer - How did things go after the tech attended yesterday?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Graham29

You know I really wish an Australian icon like Telstra the best, but from my experience, you should stay with your current provider if it is hassle free (and cheaper no doubt).
Graham29

Thanks 343GuiltySpark,

Yes I have raised a complaint - but they told me I would have to wait another 24-48 hours for the account manager to respond. That is the same story I have been told several times now. It just seems to hit an inpenetrable ceiling within the customer service process, which doesn't reach a level of competence.
I am not a complainer. But this has been so frustrated I am willing to share my story on any community forum (Facebook or whatever) because Telstra handling of this has been so poor. I know Telstra gets a bagging, and until now I thought it was unfair and just tall poppy syndrome. No, Telstra you have a big problem with your competency in customer service and handling complaints that will drive you to be less competitive if you don't fix it.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update Graham29. I'm glad to hear that the complaint has been lodged so that a case manager can be assigned to address these issues with you. If you don't hear from them by Friday, please send me a private message with the complaint reference number that begins with SR. This should be included in the email that is sent as confirmation within 24 hours of the form being submitted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now