CrowdSupport®
Mahawi
Level 1: Cadet

Dropbox

I cannot get onto the dropbox website - every other website is fine.

This is the error message I get

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.dropbox.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

if I switch off wifi and use my mobile data as a hotspot, I can access the dropbox.com website fine. The problem seems to be with using my telstra router. 

How to fix this. I pay for dropbox every month and I am not happy with telstra as I switched not to long ago but this problem just noticed.
How to fix this? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Dropbox

Hi @Mahawi

Very sorry to read about your issues accessing drop box website. Can I please confirm are you using Mac or Windows? Is your device software up to date? Latest mac/windows update and security updates etc?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KTAus83

I too am having the same issues as @Mahawi. All was working fine yesterday when I logged off, today I can't access any of my working files from Dropbox either from the website or the desktop app (due to no internet connectivity).
To answer your questions:
I use both mac and windows, my primary work device is my Lenovo ThinkPad.
Yes all of my software is up to date, both windows 10 (v1809 x64 2019-04 installed 8/5/19) (security v1.299.2119.0, v1.299.2115.0 both installed today) and Dropbox itself.

KTAus83

I have just had another look at some old similar posts, and saw that OneNote had the same issue about 2 years ago.
My Parental controls are set to 15+, I have now added dropbox to my "Allowed sites" and was instantly back up and running again.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey KTAus83, That is great to hear and thank you so very much for getting back to us and letting us know you are all sorted now. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mahawi

Everything updated and its on all devices. Ipads, android and window pc. 

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I'd recommend making sure broadband protect is disabled on your Telstra my account. It can block services such as Dropbox and One Drive from working properly.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now