CrowdSupport®
Rocket15
Level 1: Cadet

Dysfunctional, Lazy, Unprofessional

Three weeks (Wednesday) ago my home broadband started the old go slow. When looking closer I found that the account had been restricted due to a discrepancy in the amount paid on my bill. I rang and spoke to a consultant and paid it straight away. He assured me in writing all would be fixed. Note. No warning messages had been sent. By Saturday my account had been canceled and sent to debt recovery. On Monday I had to go into a Telstra store to get a prepaid service. Tuesday I rang Telstra call centre and spend 90 min searching for an explanation and setting up a new account and new iphone with assurances I would not be billed and could keep the same number.

Several days later I get messages telling me the important details amongst them a totally new mobile number and a bill for $1000. Two weeks and Numerous calls later (and each time having to reexplain the whole situation) it’s settled that the broadband would be connected and mobile set up. I’d already argued with the lowly skilled operators that a technician didn’t need to visit. Every other time I was able to do it myself and nothing had changed. Of course come the end of this particular Wenesday( 2 weeks after initial complaint) and I have to call again because the connection did not work. I was told it would be escalated and completed within 24 to 48 hours. It’s a switch of a button and it takes that long. So Friday arrives and low and behold no internet. i have to wait until the following Monday. Monday arrives ( today) and you guessed it. NO INTERNET. Apparently the initial escalation is only to get my case onto the main escalation list which will take another 48 hrs. I have lost business opportunities because of this ridiculous and unacceptable behaviour

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Dysfunctional, Lazy, Unprofessional

Hi Rocket15,

I'm sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with your service. If you are still having trouble by the end of that timeframe you've been given please let me know and I can escalate this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Rocket15
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Dylan, 

i ran today only

to be told that nothing has been processed  and the girl was submitting a form to escalate the process. Telstra is an absolute

joke. No one seems to know what’s going

on. I’m going to be another week without

tje internet. I can’t see how the

new modem I have can be perfectly fine one day then won’t work 2 days later.

To top it off the mobile that apparently was delivered tp mine but no note left has been sent back to Sydney. I went into a Telstra shop to speak to someone face

to face and a very unhelpful manager informed me That  all 11 pros had been issued and I’d have to wait 3 or 4 weeks. All because of Continued incompetence.  I’d be most appreciative if

you could assist can I give you my home

line I 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, really disappointing to hear. You can raise a complaint - https://tel.st/6k3n6 - here. 
A case manager will take a closer look and contact you to discern a resolution.
Take note of the 'SR' reference number generated on submission.
Please let us know how you get on, as I'd like to hear this is being addressed as a priority. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now