Highlighted
aussiejohn69
Level 2: Rookie

E-mail and VPN

Answered

Why cant I use my Bigpond e-mail whilst I am connected to VPN I have sent a question to Bitdefender and received this answer …..

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

When using a VPN, most often email providers will block the access, as the IP you're trying to send the emails is different from the one previously used. We recommend checking with the email provider if there are any settings that can be made (2-factor authentication, safe application settings, etc) in order to allow Outlook to send/receive emails, no matter the IP you're device has. 

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

Have a good day!

Best regards,

Nina Anghel

Technical Support Engineer 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: E-mail and VPN

If your VPN is connecting to a server outside of Australia, its not going to work. In general I wouldn't recommend using your Bigpond email via an email client over a VPN. If you do want to use your email over a VPN, I would recommend using the webmail at www.email.telstra.com
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

If you're using a VPN to appear in another country it's going cause issues. Are you using the VPN connecting to an Australian server hosted by your VPN provider?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

aussiejohn69

I am using the VPN hosted by Bitdefender Anti Virus 2019!

Accepted Solution

If your VPN is connecting to a server outside of Australia, its not going to work. In general I wouldn't recommend using your Bigpond email via an email client over a VPN. If you do want to use your email over a VPN, I would recommend using the webmail at www.email.telstra.com

aussiejohn69

Thanks for your help this is the reply I sent to Bitdefender Anti Virus ……………..
I have just worked it out I need to connect to an Australian VPN and the only way I can do this is if I pay you more money, I might have known it was just another way to get money out of us!
Level 19: Deputy Director

It is because of ssl transport blocking.

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now