Highlighted
katee
Level 1: Cadet

Early Termination Fee for Bigpond Elite Liberty

Answered

I connected a Bigpond Elite liberty account, and only had it for a few months before I lost my job. I had to cancel the service and move back home with my parents.

When I called Telstra to cancel the service, the representative I spoke to told me that they had to charge me the cancellation fee, but as I was only cancelling because I lost my job, I should call Telstra when the bill came in to ask to have the fee waived.

I received a bill for $279.70 for the pro-rata contract cancellation charge. I called Telstra on the number the previous representative gave me, and the representative I spoke to said that Telstra "do not waive" fees, but will offer me the choice to pay the fee off in instalments.

has anyone else experienced this?

can I apply to have the fee waived as the first rep. told me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Early Termination Fee for Bigpond Elite Liberty

Hi there Katee, 

First up, I am really sorry to hear you lost your job. That's a tough situation and many of us have experienced this at some stage or other in lifeSmiley Sad 

The Early Termination fee does still need to be paid as per the contract, however we do allow instalments etc due to hardship. We’ve also updated My Account so you can now find out information about Early terminations of contracts (ETC) and the contract end date in My Account. 

If you wish to discuss this further with the billing team, we'd be happy to see what can be done to assist you. Please have a chat with us online here http://bit.ly/12U1Dyy

Let me know how you go.

- Greg II

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Early Termination Fee for Bigpond Elite Liberty

Hi there Katee, 

First up, I am really sorry to hear you lost your job. That's a tough situation and many of us have experienced this at some stage or other in lifeSmiley Sad 

The Early Termination fee does still need to be paid as per the contract, however we do allow instalments etc due to hardship. We’ve also updated My Account so you can now find out information about Early terminations of contracts (ETC) and the contract end date in My Account. 

If you wish to discuss this further with the billing team, we'd be happy to see what can be done to assist you. Please have a chat with us online here http://bit.ly/12U1Dyy

Let me know how you go.

- Greg II

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more