barr
Level 1: Cadet

Email Re Outage next week

Hi

Receive an email this morning re an outage next week.

Email stated "If you don’t have a Smart Modem, simply call 133 933 and we’ll check if your service is eligible for a free Smart Modem or mobile data pack to keep you connected"

When I rang the number was told that I can sign up for NBN package there and then.

Told that NBN had been available in my area since 23 Nov 2018 (news to me )

During this call it was all about signing up to a package not about how to stay connected during next weeks outage.

IS THIS A NEW FORM OF TELSTRA ADVERTISING OR MARKETING

Bazz

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Email Re Outage next week

Well, even if you haven't migrated to NBN yet, an NBN outage in the area would knock you out.

But getting to the Sales Pitch side of things. It is better that they let you know that NBN is available to you (as you only have 18 months to migrate before you get disconnected), rather than not mention it.

You always have the choice of declining to migrate until you are ready. As part of the signup process, did they offer you a Telstra Smart Modem? This has 4G backup which kicks in when your landline service drops out for more than 5 minutes. Won't help you for next week as it takes about 2 weeks to get your new equipment sent out. But will be handy after that.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now