CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
jeffr
Level 4: Private Eye

Error: Remote Server at mail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.241) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed'

Answered

Hi,

Since yesterday, I have been receiving these delivery delayed messsages on some outgoing mail:

Remote Server at mail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.241) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed' 3/03/2017 2:34:35 PM - Remote Server at mail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.241) returned '441 4.4.1 Error encountered while communicating with primary target IP address: "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped due to SocketError." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts. The last endpoint attempted was 203.36.137.241:25'.

Has Telstra/BigpOnd changed servers/settings again or is this due to intermittent network problems?

All replies appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jeffr
Accepted Solution

Re: Error: Remote Server at mail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.241) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed'

Thanks Shelley. Mail seems back to normal since last night but we will check the settings. I wouldn't be surprised if the disruption was due to Telstra/BigPond mail server changes.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Error: Remote Server at mail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.241) returned '400 4.4.7 Message delayed'

I would recommend that you use the current Mail server settings which I will include below for you.

Login: Full username required

POP Incoming mail server: pop.telstra.com

Port: 995

SSL: ON

IMAP Incoming Mail server: imap.telstra.com

Port: 993

SSL: ON

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.telstra.com

Port: 465

SSL: On

Authentication: On - Use same as incoming

Alternate port and encryption combinations for Outgoing Mail Server:

Port 25 using Clear Text

Port 25 using Starttls

Port 587 using Clear Text

Port 587 using Starttls

Port 465 SSL

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jeffr
Accepted Solution

Thanks Shelley. Mail seems back to normal since last night but we will check the settings. I wouldn't be surprised if the disruption was due to Telstra/BigPond mail server changes.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now