CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Existing coax ports, but Cable not available in my area?

I've seen others in the similar situation, but not sure how to resolve it.

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks. There are existing F-type coax ports with Telstra labelling stuck all over them, which were used by the previous owners for Foxtel and Bigpond Cable.

According to the online availability checks, I cannot get cable installed as it is not available in my area.

I have run the exact same check on neighbouring addresses on my street and they all have Cable listed as available.

I also ran a check on Foxtel's site and they also list my area as available.

I have spoken to several Telstra Customer Service reps, and they have all told me (likely after only searching the database) that I can not get Bigpond Cable, and never will it's not available in my street... even though there are other houses which have availability... and the previous owners had an existing service..

All I want is to have Cable at my new house; how can I get a connection set up without having to deal with the incorrect Telstra availability database?

Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Existing coax ports, but Cable not available in my area?

Are you in a Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU), battle-axe block or other sub-division?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unit/townhouse complex.

Ours is out the front of the complex next to the street.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Hopefully a rep will be able to confirm for sure, but I believe there are different rules with regards to MDUs than stand-alone houses.

Even those that have been connected in the past may not be able to be reconnected because of a change in business rules since the original customer connected.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit